IBIS Bioinfo Club
Bioinformatics-related discussions every two weeks
Schedule of presentations:
Presentation of research projects/results
Journal Club: Integrative Genomics and Systems Biology
A discussion every week
Next discussion http://journalclub.ibis.ulaval.ca/
- Richard Bélanger and collaborators just published a paper in BMC Genomics.
- Warwick Vincent and collaborators just published a paper in Remote Sensing.
- Philippine Gossieaux and collaborators just published a paper in Conservation Genetics.
- Julie Jeukens and collaborators just published a paper in American Society for Microbiology.
- Louis Bernatchez and collaborators just published a paper in Molecular Ecology.
- Geneviève Morrow and collaborators just published a paper in Molecular Genetics and Metabolism.
- Chris Eberlein and collaborators just published a paper in Nature Communications.
- Marc Mazerolle and collaborators just published a paper in Forest Ecology and Management.
- Perrine Cruaud and collaborators just published a paper in Limnology and oceanography.
- Ben Sutherland and collaborators just published a paper in G3: Genes|Genomes|Genetics.
- Anthony Piot, PhD candidate, received the first place at the FFGG for his presentation « La génomique pour améliorer les plantations de peuplier ».
- Jérôme Chapuis, PhD candidate, received the J.André Fortin grant in forest mycology.
- Roosje Goessen, PhD candidate, received the John-A-Hinman scholarship from the F.K. Morrow Foundation.
- Marie-Pier Brochu, MSc candidate, received the scholarship from the J-Arthur Vincent Foundation.
- Caroline Berger, PhD candidate, received the IBIS price at the colloque of the “Département de Biologie de l’Université Laval”.
- Johan Hallin, postdoctoral fellow, have received a grant from Human Frontier Science Program for 3 years.
- Nicolas Derome and his collegues from Centre de Recherche en Sciences Animales de Deschambault have received a grant from AgriScience Program Canada for their project on the development of endogenous probiotics to fight opportunistic diseases in bees.
- Juan Carlos Villarreal and his collegues from Cornell have received a grant from the National Science Foundation given to the Boyce Thompson Institut for their project on the genetics, ecology and symbiont relationships between the hornwort plant and cyanobacteria.
- Juan Carlos Villarreal’s research in collaboration with Murcia University (Spain) has just been the subject of an article.
- Julie Jeukens and coll.’s article on Antibiotic resistance machine learning has been selected for a special issue on antibiotic resistance by the New York Academy of Sciences.
- Mélanie Lemire‘s research has just been the subject of an article in the Soleil «Le Nunavik, cœur de la lutte contre les contaminants»
- Jean Bousquet gave a television interview on MATV about emerald ash borer (39min10)
- Juan Carlos Villarreal gave an interview on his research projects and team for La Prensa Panama. (Article in spanish)