IBIS Bioinfo Club
Back in September!
Bioinformatics-related discussions every two weeks
Schedule of presentations:
Presentation of research projects/results
Calendar of fall 2018
Journal Club: Integrative Genomics and Systems Biology
A discussion every week
Next discussion http://journalclub.ibis.ulaval.ca/
- Aïda Azaiez and collaborators just published a paper in Mycologia.
- Simon Bernatchez and collaborators just published a paper in Evolutionary Application.
- Claude Robert and collaborators just published a paper in Human reproduction.
- Paul De Koninck and collaborators just published a paper in Cell reports.
- Marc Mazerolle and collaborators just published a paper in Environmental Pollution.
- Richard Hamelin and collaborators just published a paper in Journal of Forest Research.
- Louis Bernier and collaborators just published a paper in Phytopathology.
- Louis Bernatchez and collaborators just published a paper in Journal of Fish Biology.
- Patrick Lagüe and collaborators just published a paper in Steroids.
- Mebarek Lamara and collaborators just published a paper in BMC Plant Biology.
- Philippe Després, master candidate, received a GSA grant for the 30th Fungal Genetics Conference.
- Adrial Sierra, PhD candidate, received a NSERC/BESS CREATE fellowship for to work on tropical forest fragmentation and its impact on leaf-inhabitant plants and their microbes.
- Chloé Berger, PhD candidate, received the Richard Bernard Fund scholarship for the fall 2018 competition.
- Raphaël Bourchard, master candidate, received the excellence scholarship of the Société zoologique de Québec – Gabriel Filteau.
- Souhir Marsit, postdoctoral fellowship, received the first place at RECOMB-Comparative Genomics for her poster.
- Juan Carlos Villarreal and his collegues from Cornell have received a grant from the National Science Foundation given to the Boyce Thompson Institut for their project on the genetics, ecology and symbiont relationships between the hornwort plant and cyanobacteria.
- Jean Bousquet gave a television interview on MATV about emerald ash borer (39min10)
- Juan Carlos Villarreal gave an interview on his research projects and team for La Prensa Panama. (Article in spanish)
- Anne Carrier, Louis Bernatchez and collaborateurs published an article on fishing and management history of Muskellunge for the release journal Muskies Canada.
- Raphaël Bouchard, master degree student in Louis Bernatchez’ lab gave a television interview on Radio Canada about his atlantic salmon project (13 min).