IBIS Bioinfo Club
Bioinformatics-related discussions every two weeks
Schedule of presentations:
Presentation of research projects/results
Journal Club: Integrative Genomics and Systems Biology
A discussion every week
Next discussion http://journalclub.ibis.ulaval.ca/
- François Belzile and collaborators just published a paper in Molecular Breeding.
- Richard Hamelin and collaborators just published a paper in PlosOne.
- Robert Tanguay and collaborators just published a paper in Frontiers in Genetics.
- Robert Tanguay and collaborators just published a paper in Molecular Genetics and Metabolism.
- Philippe Archambault and collaborators just published a paper in PlosOne.
- Lawrence Goodridge and collaborators just published a paper in Microbiology Resource Announcements.
- Paul De Koninck and collaborators just published a paper in Neurophotonics.
- Ilga Porth and collaborators just published a paper in (GIGA)nScience.
- Olivier Morissette and collaborators just published a paper in Ecological Applications.
- Ilga Porth and collaborators just published a paper in Applications in Plant Sciences.
- Philippe Després, master candidate, received a GSA grant for the 30th Fungal Genetics Conference.
- Adrial Sierra, PhD candidate, received a NSERC/BESS CREATE fellowship for to work on tropical forest fragmentation and its impact on leaf-inhabitant plants and their microbes.
- Chloé Berger, PhD candidate, received the Richard Bernard Fund scholarship for the fall 2018 competition.
- Raphaël Bourchard, master candidate, received the excellence scholarship of the Société zoologique de Québec – Gabriel Filteau.
- Souhir Marsit, postdoctoral fellowship, received the first place at RECOMB-Comparative Genomics for her poster.
- Nicolas Derome and his collegues from Centre de Recherche en Sciences Animales de Deschambault have received a grant from AgriScience Program Canada for their project on the development of endogenous probiotics to fight opportunistic diseases in bees.
- Juan Carlos Villarreal and his collegues from Cornell have received a grant from the National Science Foundation given to the Boyce Thompson Institut for their project on the genetics, ecology and symbiont relationships between the hornwort plant and cyanobacteria.
- Mélanie Lemire‘s research has just been the subject of an article in the Soleil «Le Nunavik, cœur de la lutte contre les contaminants»
- Jean Bousquet gave a television interview on MATV about emerald ash borer (39min10)
- Juan Carlos Villarreal gave an interview on his research projects and team for La Prensa Panama. (Article in spanish)
- Anne Carrier, Louis Bernatchez and collaborators published an article on fishing and management history of Muskellunge for the release journal Muskies Canada.
- Raphaël Bouchard, master degree student in Louis Bernatchez’ lab gave a television interview on Radio Canada about his atlantic salmon project (13 min).